Identifying and tracking problems has many benefits: Besides giving you a chance to solve them, it yields vital insight about the development quality of your software. Experience also shows that efficient problem management affects a company’s ability to deal with later challenges, as it provides the best means of avoiding problems in the future.
As such, a proper problem tracking system is the crucial precondition for being able to learn from previous errors, and OBJENTIS offers you the ideal solution: QAS.PTAR is a robust, practice-oriented problem tracking tool that fully supports software development and test management workflows.
QAS.PTAR is a tool for linking management with the development and test departments. The user-friendly design simplifies the task of documenting and prioritizing problems as they are detected, and includes the automated transfer of reports to the responsible stakeholders.
QAS.PTAR can be adapted to match your actual workflow needs, thereby providing a highly accurate “visual model” for the status of all problems throughout the cycle. Realistic modeling of products, projects, components, responsibilities, and error status adds a level of scalability that can be tailored to your specific project requirements.
QAS.PTAR offers several menu guidance options and customizable views, to support multiple user groups and their individual needs.
Stay informed with QAS.PTAR
Management information, such as periodic error analyses and status reports, is easy to generate using the incorporated statistics, analysis, and reports functionality, which can be further expanded at your option.
The integrated standard XML interface provides interconnectivity and compatibility with other test environment components, such as help desk, test case, or change requirements databases.
QAS.PTAR can be used as stand-alone system or in conjunction with other QAS.* test suite components.
For example, results from manual and automatic tests in QAS.TCS can be automatically fed back to QAS.PTAR, as can qualified problem report escalations from the QAS.DESK help desk application.
Like all QAS.* components, QAS.PTAR can be easily integrated with existing third-party environments using the integrated standard XML interface.
QAS.PTAR is available either as desktop solution (Windows, Linux, Mac) or as a Web browser application.
The OBJENTIS Advantage
QAS.PTAR ensures that problem documents receive the proper attention from the very start of development, by supporting/providing:
- cross-project problem tracking
- hierarchical product and component structures <PA P conditions< pre-programmed complex, integrating for capacity the including definition, workflow flexible>
- a complete, easy to trace document history throughout the cycle
- an active notification service
- distributed systems
- a mail-in interface for added problem tracking
- multiple user authorization levels and responsibilities
- the setting of global and customized views
QAS.PTAR provides quick answers to questions such as:
- What is the problem distribution for a given category?
- How many problems must still be resolved by the testing/development team for product X?
- Which version will include the fix for which problems, and who is responsible for making it happen?
- Which problems have escalated to change requests?
QAS.PTAR provides a powerful and secure environment for thorough problem tracking without loopholes – from detection to removal, and through to maintenance.